Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Tomato salad

Ok, I was nervous, I will admit it.  I was having new friends over for the first time and I decided to pick a dish from the Treasury to try. This is tricky, I am just getting to know this family and I am subjecting them to new foods, and potentially strange new foods, so I picked what I thought would be a pretty safe bet.
I picked a tomato salad found on page 60 of my copy of the Treasury.  It was very simple to create, the entire recipe is 5 sentences and just as many ingredients.  I prepared the 'salad' and I explained to my friends about this culinary experiment that I was trying and they were very happy to participate.
And you know what? The salad was pretty good. It really wasn't a salad, more of an appetizer, but rather tasty none the less.

Here is the recipe













Here is what it turned out like








My friends said that the slight sweetness that the sugar provided really matched well with the vinegar and onion.  And that the recipe was correct when it says 'paper thin' onion slice, they thought any thicker than that and the onion would be too strong.

I think I would try this recipe again, perhaps served with a plate of cheeses and crackers as an appetizer instead of a salad, but I think I would definitely serve it again.

Not sure yet what the next recipe will be or who will share it with us, but I'll keep you all posted!


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home